Bethesda announced as Fallout 4 update in its official website that gamers can now get Fallout 4 Survival Mode Beta on Steam.
The revamped Survival Mode will force gamers to make interesting decisions as new contrasting motivations to Fallout 4 game were added which led to the four key pillars for Fallout 4 Survival Mode.
Intensify decisions involving when to get into combat versus when to avoid it, and also make you think more about what gear to take into combat. Then back up those decisions with faster, more brutal fights.
Slow down the pace of the game and encourage players to explore the nooks and crannies of the world.
- Resource Management:
Balance out items in the world that may be too easy to acquire or horde, giving players more to consider when planning their current loadout.
- Role Playing:
Increase the realism of the world and the issues one might face there.
Some notable changes in the Survival Mode include:
- To save your game, you'll need to find a bed and sleep for at least an hour as manual, quicksaving and almost all autosaves are disabled.
- If you wish to be somewhere, you'll have to get there the old-fashioned way because Fast Travel is disabled.
- You now deal, but also take, more damage.
- Combat itself is also more strategic, because both you and enemies are more powerful.
- You can no longer rush through the world, knowing what’s around the next corner as threats no longer display on the compass, and the distance at which locations of interest will appear has been significantly shortened.
- Adrenaline, a new Perk that comes standard with Survival Mode, provides a bonus to your damage output and is increased by getting kills.
- You must stay hydrated, fed and rested to remain combat-ready.
- Fatigue works like radiation, but affects your Action Points (AP) rather than your Hit Points (HP).
For other Fallout 4 update, Express reported that a fan discovered the word “JUNE” written in a lunch box in the Mechanist’s lair in the Fallout 4 Automaton DLC. This leads to a fan theory that a big announcement will be done in June by Bethesda.
Bethesda is known to place Easter eggs on their games before thus, fans expected that they did it with the recent Fallout 4 DLC. Let’s wait and see in the Fallout 4 update in the coming days if the fan theory is right this time!
Photo Source: Bethesda